View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Trish,

She's a little better in some ways, and slightly worse in others. Without going back and reading all I wrote, the numbness spread this week to include her legs and feet, although it is patchy. The skin sensitivity is on her entire body too.

The vertigo is still really bad, when she lays down especially . . . but she hasn't tried the rx her doctor gave us yet either. I tried the naturopathic stuff and it didn't work, so she has been using 3/4 of a Gravol after laying awake feeling sick for several hours.

(She needs to take the rx with food, so I am going to have to try to remember to give it to her with a snack at night.)

She wakes up nightly with a killer "pulsing" (as she describes it) headache too, so she's been using Advil in the night. Her neck and back are still sore, especially when she lays down (I think she doesn't notice it as much when she is up and about).

I sent an email to her peditrician neurologist last night, but I haven't heard back yet. I know the MRI is going to take time (unless I want to pay, which I am getting tempted to do), but I am concerned about a tumor, spinal injury or ...? Yeah, it could be MS, and I understand that will take time to figure that out if that is what it is . . . but they haven't even tested for much else so I'd like to rule other things out quickly first.

She ended up with a slight cold too, so that probably exacerbated things a bit.

She went to school a 1/2 a day yesterday, and so far a 1/2 day today (haven't got the phone call .... yet).

So, no news at this point, really.

Thanks for your concern and prayers.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (03-21-2009), Twinkletoes (03-01-2009)