View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks, ladies.

I have positional vertigo too, MrsD, due to the MS . . . so that was my first thing to try with her. For me, I have to lay POKER straight, with my neck/head/back aligned perfectly, on my side . . . or I get vertigo. It used to be that I could only lay on my right side, cause I never really had too much of a problem that way . . . but now that I figured out it is "positional" on my left side, I can lay that way so long as everything is perfectly aligned.

I put her through those hoops from the get-go; lowering the pillows, stacking them, no pillow, right side, left side, on the back, on the tummy, poker straight, with a pillow between the legs, fetal position . . . Unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter which way she is "laying" (she's much better standing/sitting up, most of the time), but the vertigo is still too much.

I have avoided the SERC so far only because they said it must be taken with food, and she doesn't need a MORE upset or hurting tummy than what she is already experiencing. BUT, I have put it out on the counter now, and I will give it to her with a late night snack, at least one hour before bed . . . whether she "seems" to need it at the time or not.

I SURE hope it works!!!

I got "the" phone call, and she is sick at school. She said that all she has is a movie for the next 2 1/2 hours though (no concentration required), so she's going to try to do it. If not, I guess she'll be coming home today too.

Thank goodness for Friday's.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (03-21-2009), tkrik (03-06-2009), Twinkletoes (03-01-2009)