View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

It is not what is "high" to me. It is what the experts on CMT recommend. I should have said "mega dose" instead of "high". Sorry for that. I am specifically talking about CMT.

However, a mega dose of Vitamin B6 is 10 x the RDA allowance which is 20 mg. A neurologist who is an expert in CMT prefers no more than 10 mg daily. It can damage nerves in people who have CMT. There also can be other side effects. This allowance would include the foods you eat, drink, or supplements in the equation.

Obviously some people with CMT can get by with more depending where they are as far as CMT is concerned. None of us CMTers are the same. CMT varies greatly even within the same family. However, the recommendation is for anyone who has CMT whatever stage they are in or not. There are many types of CMT.

I only posted this so that a person with CMT who might be reading this would be aware. There is a medical alert list of many drugs that people with CMT should be aware of. We do not have the same peripheral neuropathy and other problems, that other people have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (02-27-2009)