View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default A sweet and modified holiday

I don't want to be a bah humbug, but it is really difficult to put on the big display anymore, and I didn't want to cheat little Katie out of holiday cheer...I just find it stressful, and anxiety level way up. So much is on my shoulders, the baking, shopping and decorating.

I found the Holiday covers for TOSs (lol) pillows my Mom had crocheted, I found all the ornaments she hand made with tiny bead and ribbon work, even the table top hand sequined snowman. Putthem out.

Last two days, Katie and I took construction paper and made trees, stars and reindeer. I got the poster paint out and we did the patio doors with paintings of gifts, trees with lights, and even a santa kitty! Tonight I am doing Elmo and Pooh with mittens and scarfs.

So I don't care if I get one present, I am so warmed by this childs decorating to her taste and totally loving the red and green chains, glitter paints and placing a white sensor candle in each window.

I feel good, stressed about the shopping yet, but so much better seeing her pride in the little things we have done.

Oh, and the biggest thrill, the guys we up on the mountain about 100 feet up in the middle of the forested area and put lights up on a 30 foot pine tree. It looks so neat shining way up on the mountain in the middle of nowhere.
Di
PS, I am going to Sally's tomorrow.....maybe even get gag gifts!

Pocono area, PA

Last edited by DiMarie; 12-08-2006 at 08:22 AM. Reason: flushed my grinch feelings away
DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote