15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi NAM,

Again, my answers are in CAPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAM1 View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Have made an appt w/Dr T for 3.2.09. Hope I'm doing the right thing. Slept the best & longest I have for over 2wks after making the appt., so guess I have my answer...
I SAY WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE! HE'S WILLING TO TALK TO YOU AND HEARS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING..... GO FOR IT!

Nonetheless, the only recommendation I have for Dr. T is from an on-line contact w/a Mark Birnbach DDS when researching difficult dental cases. Have U ever heard of him? He says has known Dr T for yrs & he w/be honest and qualified to answer Qs.
I DO NOT KNOW DR BIRNBACH OTHER THAN FROM HIS WEBSITE. HE DID COMPLETE THE COURSE AT LAS VEGAS INSTITUTE AND SUBSEQUENTLY TAUGHT THERE. SO HE HAS SEEM THE WORST OF THE WORSE.

Otherwise, I have only the conversn Dr T & I had. He not only talked to me like a Human Being, but seemed to make sense. However, they all did @ 1 point! So? At least I'm doing something, & 5 hrs avg sleep/nite for me is a disaster in the making, guaranteed.
I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING AND DISCONCERTING IT IS TO TRUST SOMEONE ONLY TO BE DISAPPOINTED. I WOULD KEEP THE FAITH IN DR T UNTIL OR IF HE PROVES TO BE A JERK. AT THE SAME TIME KEEP AN OPEN MIND AND ALWAYS FEEL FREE TO ASK HIM QUESTIONS IF YOU ARE NOT SURE OF SOMETHING.

Have to tell U, the stories U tell re corners cut on sterilizn, material quality et all inclusive of insurance is SCARY!! I have to wonder how else I've been affected medically. The story of a Kimberly B??? being infected w/AIDS by her DDS maybe 10yrs ago? comes to mind. At one time I trusted Dr. R implicitly. I unf/fortunately am still learning way more than I ever tho't needed to know abt dentistry. But, trying to move fwd!
I COULD WRITE A BOOK, SO COULD MANY....MANY OF MY PEERS ABOUT WHAT GOES ON IN MANY DENTAL OFFICES ABOUT CUTTING CORNERS, UNINFORMED PATIENTS AND INSURANCE FRAUD. BUT THERE ARE SOME OFFICES WHERE NONE OR LITTLE OF THIS OCCURS AND THAT SHOULD BE THE WAY THEY ALL ARE!

I do have radiographs from Dr. H, collected in anaticipn of the current events; & when trouble became evident. Supposedly printed w/quality images etc and redone to insure that. I did have the prob U mentioned w/Dr S sending me w/digital, reduced images on a plastic sheet, his ofc mgr insisting they were quality & all that was nec to tell any DDS TX. Of course they were not. Dr. H redid them, w/o mention of email poss.
GOOD. BRING DR T EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT!

Dr. T does not have email cap or I would have asked Dr H's ofc to email me rads & then fwd'd them on.
MOST DENTAL OFFICES HAVE EMAIL CAPABILITES. I AM SURPRISED THAT HE DOESN'T. PERHAPS YOU COULD MAKE THAT SUGGESTION TO HIM!

Dr. H does not have to know why; they do know I w/be filing w/ Dental Bd re Dr. R. W/still ask for them by email for future ref and "my recs;" then I'll have them PRN.
I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU HOLD OFF ON TELLING DR T ABOUT THE DENTAL BOARD ACTION AT THIS TIME. SINCE HE DOES NOT KNOW YOU, HE CAN GET HUNG UP ON YOUR INTENT FOR REVENGE (FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD HERE) AND NOT SEE IT AS JUSTIFICATION. YOU WANT HIM TO SEE YOU FOR THE PERSON YOU ARE TODAY IN SPITE OF THE LESS THAN DESIRABLE DENTAL WORK THAT YOU HAVE UNDERGONE IN THE PAST. LET HIM EMBRACE YOUR POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND NOT BE CLOUDED BY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE PAST BECAUSE HE MAY INTERPRET THAT YOU ARE DIFFICULT TO PLEASE AND BE HESITANT TO TREAT YOU.

Can get around Dr. H that way! Thanks for telling me abt email saving quality. Otherwise I would've taken their word that reprinting for quality purposes by receptnst did in fact work.
RECEPTIONISTS DON'T USUALLY KNOW JACK S**T ABOUT THE QUALITY OF XRAYS, NOR DO THEY CARE. THAT IS WHY I POSTED IT HERE SO YOU AND OTHERS COULD BE MORE INCLINED TO DEMAND QUALITY XRAYS......

Dr. T's ofc has said w/re-do rads PRN.
GOOD..... THAT'S GOOD.

Shall I take Dr H's notes to Dr. T (or are xrays enuf)? Her notes were often disparaging, & unf not always true. Otherwise, I'm inclined to take my own timeline as U suggested prev w/various TXs on x dates. He does know I had a prob w/her.
TAKE HER NOTES BUT HOLD ONTO THEM UNTIL YOU EITHER HAVE TO REFER TO THEM OR AFTERWARDS YOU CAN LEAVE HIM A COPY OF THEM. DEFINITELY TAKE YOUR OWN AGENDA WITH YOU.

U didn't answer the Q re bonding. I'm presuming there are different qualities of this material as well? Dr. R's bonding on #6 was failing w/in 9 mos. I'm hoping if the metal begins to show on #9 upon reductn it can be bonded.
SORRY I MISSED THIS ONE. YES, THERE DEFINITELY IS A VARIETY OF DENTAL MATERIALS AND SOME ARE NOT THAT GREAT. IN MY OPINION, IT IS BEST TO USE A MATERIAL THAT IS DURABLE AND AS BIOCOMPATIBLE AS POSSIBLE. DENTAL MATERIALS CANNOT BE CHEMCIAL FREE BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BOND TO THE TOOTH NOR WOULD THEY HOLD UP FOR VERY LONG. I HAVE A FEELING THAT DR T TRIES TO USE NON METAL RESOTORATIONS AND UTILIZES QUALITY BONDING MATERIALS.

FYI: Recent EOB from ins co did indicate High Noble Metal was billed for paymt. Whether or not it was really used??? I don't know. Depends on integrity of both Dr. H and the lab she used.
THE TYPICAL INSURANCECCODE USED FOR SINGLE PORCELAIN FUSED TO METAL CROWNS IS D2750 WHICH SIMPLY STATES HNM BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT WAS THE MATERIAL USED FOR THAT PARTICULAR CROWN.

How much do U think HNM matters? I'd like to wk w/what I have if I can; reducing re-dos as much as poss!
MY OPINION IS THAT HNM SHOULD CONSIST OF AT LEAST 80% GOLD WITH ZERO PERCENT PALLADIUM. BUT ALL PORCELAIN OR ZIRCONIUM IS BEST. I WOULD ASK DR T IF HE THINKS YOU MAY BE SENSITIVE TO THE METAL ALONG THE GUMLINE.

Remember Dr T does not use PFM at all. That's the material used in most of my dental wk. Hopefully that doesn't mean he can't help...?
I DIDN'T SEE THIS UNTIL NOW..... HOW DID I GUESS HE DIDN'T USE PFM'S??? HE DOESN'T USE IT BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE METALS AND BECAUSE ESTHETICALLY, ALL PORCELAIN OR ZIRCONIUM LOOK SO MUCH MORE NATURAL. I'M SURE HE WILL WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE SO LONG AS HE DOESN'T THINK YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO IT. SO PLEASE ASK HIM TO BE TOTALLY FRANK WITH YOU ABOUT THAT.

I hope 3 wks after seating is not too long to "save" the crown if nec. He didn't seem concerned @2wks.
IT'S NOT TOO LONG.. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT AT ALL!!

HOPE HOPE HOPE Dr T works out!!!
ME TOO...... ME TOO..... ME TOO!!!!!

Pls let me know what U think meanwhile abt above.
KEEP US POSTED....... AND KEEP GETTING THAT NECESSARY REST!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
you are very welcome !! ~'.'~

Bryanna
[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote