View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Your pain levels can and do affect/effect emotions.

Read any post here and you can see frustration and hurt throughout.
Yes hope is a lifeline. But as one who went thru the whole Neuropathy food processor and had thought I was doing well? I got whammied also and again with cancer. I don't think I'm the only one here, but most of us 'older-timers' have sort of gotten past the anger parts and get on with what we HAVE and work hard to keep that.
Getting this, like getting cancer or other chronic illnesses or major physical/mental traumas is the need to go through someing like a mourning process. Your life is very different now? What you've known as 'Normal' is a thing of the past. So, make a new one! Often isolated and 'folks just don't get it'! Besides? It's never really OVER! You don't wake up one morning and find it all gone. Wish it were so-truly.
We create our own NEW normals and make the best with what all we have. What other choice is there?
What's that old saying?: 'Been down so long, looks like up to me!' Is apt for many occasions. Don't be afraid of the worst or even more worse, the only way to go is UP! Hugs and hope 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jarrett622 (03-08-2009)