View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi, I need some advice . . .

Hi, and thanks for the site.

I'm a 58 year-old male, and have been healthy all my life except the last couple of years. It started with numbness on the bottom of my left foot, then I had blurred vision for a week or two at a time, then it would go away, light headedness, dizziness, brain fog, extreme fatigue, and I also got numbness in my right foot. In September 08, my doctor discovered I was B12 deficient, number was 234. He gave me 1000 mcg shots weekly for a month. He said it might help my foot numbness, and I wasn't expecting much, but within a day or two my vision cleared, my brain fog went away, and I felt like my old self. I spent countless hours reading about B12 deficiency, so I am pretty well up to speed on that.

After the shots were finished, I went on 5000 mcg B12 sublinguals. I felt great, and my feet did not change much, but month to month I did notice a very slight improvement. Then in early February my feet got a little worse, I had slight vision problems again, brain fog, and extreme fatigue. This lasted about 10 days then pretty much went away. I had an appt with a neurologist last October which I cancelled because I felt so much better, but I re-scheduled and saw him today.

He more or less poo-pooed the B12 problem, gave me a bunch of tests, and concluded that I should have a brain scan. He said there were 5-10 things that could explain my symptoms, but would not elaborate until the brain scan which should be within 2 weeks. Now I am pretty down in the dumps, worrying about what kind of uncurable, degenerative disease I might possibly have. I am an eternal pessimist and this will play on my mind constantly for the next 2 weeks, and I will assume the worst (in fact I already have).

Can anybody give me some encouraging words? Can this have a happy ending? Thanks!
Bruce 01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-28-2009), GmaSue (02-27-2009)