View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth1957 View Post
Kali mera, George.
O'm afraid I can't help you; I'm fortunate enough to live in the UK so I don't have to worry about costs.Will the Greek equivalent of our National Health Service not cover it?
Hello Beth!

Do you know greek?

Well, if I had been in a greek hospital of our NHS, then my public insurance would have covered anything. However, due to the complexity of my aneurysm, it was better to be in a private specialized hospital, but then the public insurance would have covered a small portion of the cost. This is not the problem as I have a private insurance as well, so I can choose to be treated anywhere. The reason I chose Swiss is that there is a hospital with high specialization in endovascular treatment and I had chosen to check this aternative first.

For my first hospitalization which had MRI+CTA+Angiography, private bed, Prof.Doc in a university public hospital, the total cost was around 25.500 euros, half of them covered by my public insurance (the rest hopefully by my private one).

However, the magnitude of the costs in USA are quite different. And since there are many top places for rare and difficult cases, I would like somebody to give me a rough idea.

Take care
George
geolek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote