View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm surprisingly well

My doc wanted me to push it a little tonight to see if we can do this recording when I'm at my worst. So I have done dishes cooked dinner and gave both kids baths. I shouldn't be able to move at this point by the way I have been feeling lately. But I think I'm actually starting to wear down really quickly now that I'm sitting.

You know I wasn't concerned at all about the scar, I really could care less. I hardly ever wear shorts anyway. But I was excited when I saw that it had flattened out.

Scars are just proof that we are living our lives. You can't make it through life without them, and they come with a story. Maybe some day someone will see it and ask about it and you telling them about it will change their life in some way.

Ha ha, whitest white girl, I don't know for a while I could have been a strong competitor for that title. Although within the last few years I have gotten a tan. Of course my tan for most people is what they would look like if they had not seen the sun in at least six months.

So how are you doing today? Have your hubby and son got any better yet? I hope so, it always makes me miserable to watch my family get sick. I would rather it be me.

I hope everyone is doing better today.

Kristie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Kristie - how are you today? Are you feeling a little better? I am so glad your area "flattened" a bit - don't worry, it will go away soon!

Several people have asked me if I am going to have my thymectomy scar removed, heck no! I tell them it's my "badge o' honor" - after all, how many people do we know that have one? Plus, it is barely visible to the naked eye now. I am the whitest white girl alive, and it barely shows!

You take care!
Erin
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote