View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 12:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4 View Post
I am curious--if anyone reading this has had surgery for Chiari I would like to hear how you've done. It would be interesting seeing some response on this because there is so little information available! Good or bad, please share your story!
Hi my name is Melissa iam 22 i was diagnosed with chiari In july 2008. One morning i was sick and called in from work i woke up and my hand was numb like i had slept on it. it wasn't going away so i went to the doctor they said it was nothing that i was just sick. i made another app to go see the doctor from that time to the time i finally got to see the doctor some of my sympotms were the numbness in my hand not being able to feel hot or cold headachs throwing up for no reason, loosing balence when i would walk, sharp pain going down my arm like someone was stabbing me the doctors dident know why half of my body was numb they sent me to a neurologest they took a M.R.I. and found out i had chiari from there they sent me to a neurosergen and sept 9 2008 i had my surgery. they gave me a time period of 3 weeks to 6 months to retern back to work, i went back to work nov12 2008. Today is feb 27 2009 half of my body is still numb i dont have the feeling of throwing up anymore and sometimes i loose my balensce. lately my back has been hurting my neck starts getting sore when iam using the computer for a long time but other than that iam doing good i go back in aprl to take another M.R.I. to see how the scf is flowing and to see if i need another surgery. my dr told me that the surgery is to help stop more symptoms from happining it doesent cure the chairi there is no cure for it. the best thing to do is to do alot of reserch on it to help understand more. if anyone has questions please let me know id love to hear your stories.
punkies187 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote