View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Mad Somebody's been sleeping in MY bed!

So we get to the MS Couples Retreat a few minutes late. But no problem: Tamiloo and Olhipie had saved us seats at their table. After a nice salmon dinner, we are excused to go check into the hotel, which I did.

So I take the elevator to the 11th floor and trek to the very end of the hall to check out the room. My plan is to use the restroom, then return to the conference.

The first key card wouldn't work. So I used the other one, which finally gave me the green light to open the door. The bathroom was to the left and had a black overnight case setting by the sink. I'm thinking, "Guess Mr. Twink already unpacked." Then I remembered I had just checked in (hello?)! A glance across the room revealed clothing draped across a chair!

I hightailed it out w/o a potty stop. Approached the guy at the desk who had assigned the room to me. "Somebody's been sleeping in MY bed," I said. He looked up and said, "Did he eat your porridge, too?"

I was not amused. I mean, what if there had actually been people in that room? He thought I had been kidding. He finally got serious and gave me a different room on another floor, and included two breakfast coupons by way of apology.

I can't believe Tamiloo and Olhipie are taking off first thing in the morning. Seems Craig thinks he has to go skiing ... again!!! Mr. Twink and I are practicing what the relationship dude told us to do: When someone makes a statement, the other is supposed to repeat back what they heard.

This is how it's gone so far: DH saw me getting into the leftover Valentine candy and said, "So what I hear you saying is that you WANT your clothes to continue to shrink!" Aaaarrrgghhh! I guess we need more practice, cause we're really getting on each other's nerves!

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (02-28-2009), AZjanie (02-28-2009), Becky21 (03-01-2009), Curious (03-03-2009), DiMarie (02-28-2009), Doody (02-28-2009), ewizabeth (03-04-2009), Ivy2 (02-28-2009), just drea (02-28-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (02-28-2009), who moi (03-05-2009)