View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 11:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The sleepys

Hi,

I have been on the patch for 5 years. My dose has been anywhere from 25 mcg to 300 mcg. Currently I am on the 100 mcg. Just yesterday I was in the drive thru lane at the middle school waiting for the bell to ring to pick up my daughter. Next thing I knew, there were multiple cars honking and guess who was holding up the line because I got a little case of the sleepys. Yep, it was ME! And this wasn't the first time. As long as there is some type of activity or noise I am fine, but give me just a minute of quiet and I can doze off. These little sleepy attacks never last more than a couple of minutes but they seem to happen at the wrong place and the wrong time. It was a good thing that I had the car in park or I might have hit a child, the thought just scares me to death. I am definitely going to have to doc go down on the dose to see if the sleepys will go away. The consequences are just too great if I happen to doze off at a bad time. This didn't happen when I first started on the patch or when I was on a larger dose. For some reason this has just started in the past few weeks and I am not aware that it has happened until I suddenly wake up. For your safety and perhaps others, please mention it to your doc and get it checked out. I know I will.

Be safe

Satchelle
satchelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote