View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 08:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is one of my biggest issues too. Caused by both pain and insomnia.

If I do sleep, it's broken and only for a max of about 3-4 hours a night. But I have to change position every few minutes as the pain builds up, so I never get a good solid sleep. Lately most nights I've been awake until 5-6am, which is just horrible when all four kids wake up at 7.30! Last week I didn't get to sleep until after 7am, so only managed half an hour sleep that whole night. I don't get to catch up during the day so you'd think I'd sleep well the next night, but I don't. It'll be the same thing all over again.

I have sleeping tablets here (Temaze) that work great if I take them at around 10pm at night, but I don't like doing that very often as I don't want to build up a tolerance or dependance on them.

Other than that I try having a shower before bed, or I read, I listen to mellow music on my ipod in bed, I try using different types of pillows and foot rests, I turn the tv on a boring channel and hope the guys voice will send me to sleep or I go and sleep on the lounge... nothing works.

It's not like I'm wide awake and doing housework all night, my body is exhausted and I'm WANTING to be asleep, I just can't. It's so frustrating.

But I did use to take "calcium and magnesium" tablets but haven't in months, so after reading your posts I'm thinking that might be worth a go. I'll let you know if it helps. Any other tips would be great! I love sleeping and I miss it!

x Kate