View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

When we travel, it's by car. Both of us refuse to fly. We've never taken a bus trip, but we've looked into it a few times.

I can't believe how much stuff we have to pack. I've got two lists on the computer that I keep and update, print out a few days before it's time to go, and we use those as check lists. One is Things to Take, and one is Things to Do. Don't know where we'd be without them.

When I got Montana, I was amazed at all the dog stuff we have to take. He's a large dog, and takes up most of the back seat. Can't and won't go anywhere without him, so we learned to scrunch a bunch of stuff in the trunk and on the floor behind the front seats.

I have to stop every two hours, usually at rest stops. Scares me that a lot of them are closing due to the cost of keeping them open. Can't go behind a tree, wish I could!

Also, we pack our own pillows and towels. I've seen cleaning people clean toilets, then pick up and stack clean towels. I also refuse to use a pillow that 1,000,000 other people have slept on. So, that's more stuff to pack.

We've cut our trips way down from what we used to do in the past, the number of them that we take and the length of the trip also. MS and getting older is definitely the pitts!!

azoyizes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (02-28-2009)