15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
We went to a concert last night:
The blue note seven was amazing.
the players played great together ...off each other.
Jeff said it was the best jazz concert that he has seen before.
Each player took long complex solos and you really got a feel for them individually as well as the group.
Beth,
That sounds great! i'm glad you guys got to enjoy them together. Are they on a world tour or US tour? It will soon be time for the Spring Jazz Festival in this area... it consists of concerts almost every night of the week for several weeks, sprinkled in all different places. i have a friend who also likes jazz and has transportation, so i might get to go to one if something looks good.

Quote:
the flowers are croccus, first signs of spring in the north.
aaahhh, yes, how appropriate! Thanks for demystifying me, Beth!

--------------

well my tv stint is over. Poirot was good and the Monk i had not seen. i got tired tho. i am debating whether changing into "outoor gear" and going for a beer" or laying down for a bit. oddly, i think the former would be healthier. i wish i had agreed to my parents' offer to replace my laptop for xmas. this one is old and the battery doesn't hold up more than 10 mins... i like to write when i go out... my notebook (paper kind) is used up. i have lots more............. in the garage.... very inaccessible

pdoc says things seem ok relative to the transition with the Zoloft (off completely now for 1 week). sleep quality and quantity improving is a good sign, even though mood is off. i am eating compulsively and have gained some pounds already. he says that seems related and should smooth out, just need a little time. at first i was eating but so agitated and sleepless that i guess i was burning it up, too. now not so much burning, but still eating! i better let up soon!

me no wanna be fat!

i have been taking on too much online i think, esp. with some new ppl who have difficulty with boundaries. so i am the enforcer and that is hard right now... getting "rained on" and having to draw lines. it is perhaps not a good time for this sort of interaction. as it is, i have a couple friends i have been neglecting just recently in correspondence. it might be better if i caught up with them instead.

heck. i am getting called to prep the bread. i.e. dinner's about done. no beer. nor rest. no writing for therapy either.

lator gators

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-28-2009)