View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 11:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Two of my male cousins had guns and ended their lives. In Canada, it is not usual to have guns unless you are a hunter. My sisters daughter's boyfriend also ended his life with a gun... he wanted to be a hunter so bought a gun. (Some of you know Sparkle, my sis)

Today my sister is suffering from another loss - a close girlfriend lost two of her sons last weekend- aged 21 and 27 - not from suicide but ... related to guns... they were hunting and ... during the night... sleeping in their cabin, the pilot light in their propane heater went out.... they died in their sleep....

I am bipolar.

Some of you will recall my depression a month or so ago... and I am so thankful for you all ... and that you were here for me...
and that I recognize my symptoms...
reached out for the help...
and my medication was increased.

When in the depths of that pain, it is impossible to imagine life when it is good. I can only say how lucky I am.. how blessed I am... how fortunate I am... to pull out of that pain....

The more we talk.. the more we educate..
the more we share... the more we rid the world of the stupid stigma attached to mental illness...

If only ... dear Alffe... if only....

Special people share their grief.

(((Seamslikestitches))) ... my husband didn't understand either... and we parted after 22 yrs. I feel your pain - its a death of a way of life but you are on a much healthier path now. My Dad was an alcoholic... a long slow suicide.... suffered painfully from depression.... and self-medicated.

(((Linda))) your children are lucky to have you for a mom... I'm sorry that your children suffer and pray that your support and love will pull them through along with the knowledge that depression/bipolar can be treated!

Hugs to you dear Doody!
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (08-28-2009), Burntmarshmallow (10-08-2008), doxiemama (08-29-2009), GmaSue (08-28-2009), mistiis (10-08-2008), Nik-key (08-28-2009), wishnomore (04-11-2011)