View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default CMTers should go

by what the experts in CMT say. 50 mg is called a mega dose for people with CMT. It certainly is not a mega dose for the general population. I agree with that. I certainly will not jeopardize my PN with more than is called for.

What the FDA has approved for pregnant women who have a lot of vomiting is quite another matter. A pregnant woman with CMT should go by what the experts in CMT say. And, as mentioned before, there are many drugs, etc. that a person with CMT must be aware of. They should work closely with their neurologist/doctor who does know CMT.

As far as the general population, that is another matter. And, yes, the site you refer to is the Medical Alert list for people with CMT.

Apparently the experts have done their research concerning Floroquinolones for people with CMT and they are considered negliable or doubtful for people with CMT. They came to this conclusion thru their research and studies of people with CMT. The list does change now and then as to where the experts findings take them. Again, the list is for people with CMT.

For the most part CMT is an "inherited" peripheral neuropathy. There are 22+ types of CMT that they now can do DNA blood testing for. There are many kinds of CMT and there are about 50 types identified so far and there is no end in sight.

Thank you mrsD for your post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 02-28-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote