View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 05:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello,
I am sooo sorry to hear that your going through all this..WOW! I myself has a shunt. It has been ONLY 6 months that I have had this and my pressure problem is all good now but I have had MAJOR abdominal pain on and off since surgery- reading on here I have come across alot of people that has the SAME pain that I was having. But now MY problem is REALLY REALLY BAD CONSTANT HEADACHES. its going on the 6th day of this I first started getting the headaches in the beginning of February, I had a little bit of neck pain with it and a temp of 101. I ended up in the hospital for 5 days- them thinking that I had an infection-but ThankGod no. nothing ended up growing in my blood cultures and my temp with headaches went away- I was great for a week(the best actually I EVER felt since surgery) then I woke up one day last week and the same thing happened-temp with kinda slight neck pain and HORRIBLE headaches-it has NOT yet gone away and I have even went back to the hospital where at the time (of course) I didnt show any temp. they sent me home- I still do not have a temp but the headaches are still here...I just dont get it-I thought getting this surgery would of made me better? I am on here today to read other peoples shunt stories to see if anyone else has had headaches with theirs. thats when I came across yours- I am sorry that I DO NOT have an answer for you- but I am in the same boat my friend- My headaches are soooo bad that I too have to stay in bed ALL day It's NO way to live let me tell you how long have you had your headaches and if anyone lets you know PLEASE let me know-Thanks and hope you feel better*
glittergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Army Wife (03-06-2009), missmystic74 (10-11-2017)