View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 08:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree, Ada, that those things definitely don't help.

That's why I get out of our bed and go and sleep on the lounge. My hubby tends to snore and even the slightest noise or movement from him keeps me awake. Or if the fan is on in our ensuite bathroom. Or if I can hear the dishwasher. I've had times where I've slept in one of my kids' beds (if they're at a sleepover- their beds are so much better than the lounge!) but they have a ticking wall clock and although I take the clock out into another room (and often put a cushion on top of it! ) I can still hear it, so I end up taking the battery out. It's like I can hear it LOUDER even though I've taken it out of the room.

I'm not sure if this is connected to the rsd. I reckon it's more a general insomnia issue- ie people with insomnia but NOT rsd would have the same problem- but it definitely doesn't help when we're already struggling to sleep at night.

Daniella-thanks for the info on the Vitamin D. I go thru phases with my vitamins. I get so sick of taking handfuls of tablets every morning and night so tend to get slacker with my vitamins and just take my prescription meds, but I know that the vitamins are just as important so I need to re-introduce them all into my bedtime routine.

x Kate