Old 02-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davos View Post
i was told to get a test of B 12 a year ago. all i was told was i have
ELEVATED B 12...my PCP has the results of my test and ive tried and tried to get that information to the neuro im seeing for parkinsons.
have you thought about having too much of that "balimin" ?

thanks
davos
dx PD 2000
b 1936
People with Neuropathy, nerve damage, numbness, etc. etc. well, they need what the Methylcobalimin gives their body. When you take 5000, your body only absorbs 10. I learned this from our esteemed Mrs. Doubtfire who is EXTREMELY knowledgable about such things.

My last b-12 was 2000. Since my doctor (who also happens to be a gym rat and a bodybuilder and KNOWS ALL ABOUT B-12), he is in complete agreement with my taking (and so does my husband).

If you see what they consider NORMAL, in the B-12 readouts, well, you begin to see that the expert version of what is NORMAL, does NOT apply to people with nerve damage.

I have spoken to physicians who told me "I would NEVER prescribe B-12 to anyone unless they had Pernicious Anemia".

Doctors don't know nutrition and absorbtion, doctors (except for my doctor), well they only know to prescribe medication.

Do on search on this forum and read all about Methylcobalimin. There are NO side effects. I've been taking it for over 2 years now.

I have energy, no brain fog, and my feet are 99% better. I only burn when the weather changes from warm to cold or from cold to warm, or if I am under extreme stress.

It's MAJOR IMPROVEMENT FROM TWO YEARS ago when I began to get the symptoms of neuropathy. The burning, the pins and needles, etc.

I knew IMMEDIATELY what I needed to take and it was like a miracle.

People with nerve damage don't benefit from cyanocobalimin. Actually, when you take cyanocobalim, your body converts it to Methylcobalimin.

So it makes perfect sense to take the straight Methyl b-12.

But don't expect your doctor to understand this, or agree with you.

They practice medicine, NOT NUTRITION.

Read up on it. Hopefully Mrs. Doubtfire will jump on this thread and explain it better than I can.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-01-2009), davos (03-01-2009)