View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 11:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I began reading this thread because i am experiencing something quite similar. I just learned The roots of my teeth are in my sinus cavaty, which now makes it clear to me why I am so miserbale when i have sinusitus, which is often. Having said this, my dentist told me I absolutley needed a root canal dfor a fractured tooth because removing the tooth would cause the rest of my teeth to begin to drift. The problem is, the only other time I've had a root canal(two years ago) I was in so much pain afterweards I was in bed for three days , with towels and scarves wrapped around my head tightly in order to alieviate the pain. I dread going through this again, as the entire procedure(done in two parts) was absolutley terrible. The surgeon had to stop every few minutes because my motuh, being so small, kept giving him problems as I could'nt keep it open long or wide enough without choking.

The dentist tells me that the root canal is a must because I have one tooth already missing next to the tooth in question, and having two teeth missing, according to her, is unnacceptable due to drifting of teeth. But if i have it removed couldn't I get a bridge or some sort of other procedure to replace the two missing teeth? She told me no, but perhaps I misunderstood her?
Any help would be appreciated so very much. I guess I'm asking is it wrong for me to ask the tooth be removed? I've been made to feel it is. But, the thought of another root canal, after what I went through is making me absolutley frightened.
deborahann24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote