Thread: FMS & Work
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 12:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default myofascial pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbelsnap View Post
Hi all. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with dealing with work issues due to not being able to go to work because of pain? I missed 2 days last week and 1 this week. I'm worried I may loose my job. Sometimes it is just so hard to get up in the morning. My husband, a wonderful man, has been trying to be understanding, but can't when I say I hurt too bad. I went to the book store today and got "Fibromyalgia for Dummies". I've started reading it. So far it seems pretty good. Has anyone else read it? Would you recommend your spouse read it also? Thanks in advance.
Try looking up Myofascial Pain. It when your muscles swell and tighten up. It causes a lot of pain. Look at your body where you feel the pain and see if it looks different. I am going through this now. I thought that I had Fibromyalgia, but the doctor said it was Myofascial or (MPS) muscle pain syndrome. What you feel is real, and really painful. When I was working it hurt a lot, but I kept on going because I had to. Dont loose your job. Go to the doctor and get some type of pain medicine. Good Luck!
nicoleterese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
warbelsnap (03-09-2009)