View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 09:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbrn View Post
hey Jeanie,

I have been through hell and back.....only to help others!! I must justify it tht way or i'll go crazy!! Depression is a huge issue you need to be weary of. We lose so much from TOS that we have grief as if our lives have been totally removed from us...we loose ourselves!!

Please post any questions you have as you can see there are lots of AMAZING people here and all have a piece of the puzzle we each play with every day. I hope more people let you in on their stories if they are able so you can gain more info! Oh and there is NEVER EVER EVER A DUMB QUESTION HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't stress that enough can you tell?
Take care and try to keep warm. That helps me a lot. I have to keep my house at 75-76 degrees all the time to be warm enough...even in the summer if it is cool out I need the heating on.........so maybe try heat increase in your house (if you can afford it.....it costs a fortune here esp when it is -30 Celsius here in Calgary, AB, Canada) Just a thought. It really has changed my life....I keep a space heater in the bedroom close to the leaky windows(of air I mean) and try to keep the room warm. I have heating pads everywhere I go unless I get a migraine then it it instant cold pack on back of the neck and hypnosis dvd MP3.

just a couple more tips!!!

take care
love and hugs,
Victoria

Uh, you're lucky there. when my pain has kicked into overdrive and my migraines visit, well it's no light, no sound, no nothing...

I dress my upper body warmer, or use throws like shawls around my scapulas, neck, shoulders and pecs. (fold throw like triangle)

"Snuggies" work the best for lounging around. not good for moving around. Will shed in a way when I get up so I can come back and slip it back on, even if I have a throw over it too. Then I wake up at night, in a sweat because of too much bulky hot covers. can't keep it tweaked just right. I get weary of trying but forced to adjust.

And even with the Snuggie, I can still get cold and have a spike in pain intensity. Taking a hot shower can warm that coldness up. Helps if I shower before bedtime. don't deplete arm power by toweling off. Keep the bathroom warm and have used dryer on a stand to blow dry my back, especially if I have Kinesio tape on. I let it absorb with towels on the floor, chair or robe. skin may need to absorb water too. sooo water is good on the outside too.

I do like the comforting feeling of a heating pad, and the pain relief too, but it will cause tissue swelling, on a microscopic basis.

To a point, it's pathetic how our lives are altered. we still have to take care of responsibilities, to some degree. doing those we can do are challenging. Not being able to take care of things the way we want is a compound of bad effects. Not easy to let go of so much.

I do know I'm lost in the TOS of things. It just affects so many facets of my life. A constant struggle for balance.

I'm looking forward to spring, the freshness, the new. I want to plant something and watch it grow. Take care of it the best I can. Last spring I selected flowers for my patio that were not so delicate and needy. And for the past two years I've been blessed with tomatoes, and last year with a good garden. Hubbie helps, but I done more than I ever thought I could. : And yes, by fall I was hurting top to bottom and had to let it go early. I am stronger so I can go longer this year, Lord willing.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (03-02-2009), Jomar (03-01-2009)