View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 03:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmeb View Post
You'll do great! Like Dahlek and many others here - I've had more full body NCS/EMG's then I can count - and only one hurt - and that was done by a resident whom I'm pretty sure I was the first patient he had done the procedure.... takes about an hour for both parts and is more irritating if anything then painful - and the results are very important so just hang in there - the xanax should not affect the results at all....

And the MRI - you gotta get thru it or just go back and do again - xanax will help - and MUSIC will help - call and get a machine where you can bring a CD they can play your own music for you on the headphones you wear anyway to kinda block the sounds of the machine..... (yes, you can listen to these during a brain scan too - I've had at least four - all accompanied by my favorite musicians).... also, ask the tech to talk to you during the procedure between scans and let you know how long each set will be - some do and some dont if you dont ask ahead of time.... helps you see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Hope the tests are helpful
Thank kmeb, I appreciate the advice! It was most helpful....
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote