View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 05:50 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Mama:
You died of breast cancer in 1982 and a light has been off in that room of my heart ever since. You were the personification of Light and Beauty and Love. I will always celebrate your birthday, April 11 more than my own.

Dad:
In 12 days, it will be 1 year since you died. You wanted to make it to 100, and you almost did, even with a bad heart since age 17. You lived to be 98 and it seems like a whole bunch of generations went with you. Who else knows that Uncle Floyd liked to kiss a baby's foot-and that Auntie used to knit bandages for the soldiers every day for hours for decades. There was always a war somewhere that could use wraps. And who else knows me the way you did. You were always my number one fan.

2 Brothers: I never knew you, but that doesn't mean I don't wish I had.

Grandmas & Grandpas: Never knew you either, but always missed you. And that is one reason I try to be a wonderful grandma.

Adalissa, Johnetta and many other special little babies and kids: I was your nurse, but you were all my teachers. One of the greatest lessons you showed everyone was how to look right past the pain and suffering and take a bite out of life anyway.

My old self: Finally learning to let it go and celebrate the new me. There's that excellent quote about not wanting to let go until the universe apologizes for the injustice of it all-I will look for it and come back and add it.

~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for this thread, Twink! We should pin it.
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~hua.org~~~~~
Hearts United for Animals
has lots of "magic pain pills"
just waiting to be adopted!
GmaSue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
misshayleesmom (03-03-2009), pono (03-31-2009), Twinkletoes (03-01-2009)