Thread: My PN Saga
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 09:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dianna, my PN was caused by prediabetes and low b12, i am curious if you had a Glucose Torence test at the begining of your troubles, or only lately they have thought of giving you the GT test.

You can reverse prediabetes, with tight sugar control and a bit of exercise, i only use to walk up and down the length of the local swimming pool for my exercise as walking on the pavement was just pure murder on my burning feet.

I think it was previuosly thought that you would have to have full blown diabetes and over a long period to do any damage to your nerves which is totaly inncorrect.
I have always been a sweat tooth and loved my beer as well, so i have really no idea how long i had prediabetes before the damage to the nerves showed up.
I give up all high sugary carbs including beer and my feet have improved so much that now i am roughly 98 % free from any burning and lots of the numb areas on my feet have regained their sense of touch again, even i do sneak a high sugar carb every now and again i don't get any burning after it, but i don't push my luck to much, nerves can repair themselves if given the chance to do so.
all the best
Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote