View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 12:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Smirk Botox Injections for RSD Dystonia?

Hi I am new to this site. Really appreciate the time people take to listen and learn. Spending most of the am looking for something on Botox. I developed Rsd after being bitten by a dog in hand infection following. Diagnosed 8/07. After 27 Stellate Ganglion Blocks, 2 RF Blocks(all gave me short term relief) Dr. convinced I had nerve entrapment in scar tissue from bite/infection triggering my RSD. Sent to Surgeon who performed 2 more blocks, w/general anesthesia. Repaired 3 nerve damaged spots. Hospitalised with a marcaine drip that ran for a week to keep me absolutely pain free. When sutures removed marcaine removed. Hand/arm/shoulder went into remission. I am however left w/ severe spasms/intermittent and unpredictable. He fears that my RSD could return if left untreated. I am having swelling and sweating returning. But a lot of the other RSD pain is still at bay. I am so confused as what to do. My dr. is a nationally known doc and I believe he knows what he is doing. He carefully and methodically thought out a plan for my surgery to have the best outcome. ( i have the type CRPS that is caused by a definitive injury to nerve...i can never remember which one it is)Although I feel need to know more.
info hungry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote