View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 03:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Dear Ed -

I am sorry if I overlooked your comments. As one whose pulmonary sarcoidosis went into spontaneous remission - as I am advised it does with aprox. 2/3 of Northern-European males - I'm wondering if you know of any studies (case-reports, etc.) involving the use of the MP with Afro-American females, for whom pulmonary sarcoidosis is often a death sentence?

And I certainly didn't mean to imply that you were supportive of the MP for any financial reason. My comment was directed at doctors whose practices seem to be based largely on providing unproven treatments across a wide range of specialties, without disclosing to their patients that these treatments have yet to be validated in controlled studies.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Yes, those reporting their progress on the MP study site are a diverse group from all over the world but English (at this time) is a requirement. However, there is some effort to translate the protocol into other languages. The latest being the Chinese who have asked Marshall to train the doctors at Western China Hospital how to conduct the protocol. Once again, you must find a doctor to support you if you plan to do the MP. That can be problematic because doctors are a skeptical lot when you try to tell them what to do. Especially to follow a protocol discovered on the internet (grin)
Are you familiar with the ACCESS study? It was conducted by the government to study sarcoidosis between the years 1995 – 2001. Ten major university medical centers participated and studied 215 newly diagnosed sarc cases.

Some of the study unexpected results (among others) were:
There were no cases of documented spontaneous remission,
The use of corticosteroids made some sarc patients worse and others who showed improvement relapsed when it was discontinued,
There were 5 husband and wife combinations where both had sarc. Sarc is so rare that there shouldn’t have been any. May indicate the disease is communicable.
Sarc does not discriminate; it shares its disease equally among all races and ages.
Over the study period, 50 in the study reported additional organ involvement.

Check it out on the internet.

Gene
edj2001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
buckwheat (03-02-2009), jenno (03-02-2009)