View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 06:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenno View Post
[There were 5 husband and wife combinations where both had sarc. Sarc is so rare that there shouldn’t have been any. May indicate the disease is communicable.]

Gene,

I pulled the above from your earlier post, as it is something I have been thinking about. When I posted this tread, this is exactly the kind of information I was searching for.

Interestingly, in my research of Lyme disease I learned that it is also believed by some that it too can be transmitted through semen and from mother to child through the placenta, a theory that most of us have never heard about. As my daughter has had numerous tick bites, and because of the experiences of others like Roz, we are doing all that we can to rule out the possibility that Lyme is a factor in her RSD.

You may recall that I mentioned in an earlier post to you that my Mom had Sarcoidosis; and although I do not want to be paranoid … for my daughter’s sake, I do not want to find out that we have been ignorant (uninformed). Wow, too much to think about! I will definitely be talking to her doctor about this, again in an effort to rule out any unknown factors.

I thank you so very much for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience with us.

Jeanne
Hi Jeanne,

I am very concerned that these Th1 diseases are contagious. That goes along with Marshall’s idea that Th1 diseases are caused by intracellular bacterial infection. The variety of bacteria and the sequence of infection determine symptoms for the various Th1 diseases. And, yes it looks like they can be passed with close contact. There are several MP members posting that have spouses and other family members ill and on the MP together. There is one family that I know of where both parents and three children are on the MP.

Now that I know the symptoms, I realize I have been infected all my life (I am 67 years young) and my illness/symptoms have varied through life depending on the condition of my immune system. If this is chronic infection, there won’t be remission until the bacteria are completely eliminated.

Between my father, his sister, their spouses, and their four children we have had a father (not related) & his son both with Parkinson’s disease, Crohn’s disease, Sarcoidosis, Breast Cancer, Cancer, Heart Disease (3), Arthritis, & Dementia. This is a strong case for infection, in my opinion, and it being contagious.

A result of Th1 illness is a dysregulated vitamin D nuclear receptor (VDR). The VDR is dysregulated by the bacteria acting as an antagonist disabling it. It will result in a high 1,25-D blood assay so that this assay is an indicator. Most doctors only test for the 25-D. Three years ago mine measured 50 pg/ml. The Merck manual says anything over 45 pg/ml will leach calcium from bone. My wife just had her 1,25-D tested and it is an alarming 64 pg/ml. We are in the process of starting her on the MP. Her symptoms are CFS, IBS, OCD as the big ones.

Gene

Last edited by edj2001; 03-02-2009 at 06:34 PM.
edj2001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote