View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No you are not alone. I'm not sure why social services got involved with Glen (above post). But I haven't had that issue of Social Services. I do have a great support group, my kids and my partner.

Lots of luck on the testing. Do your best, take your time and as my tester told me, if I needed a break, just ask....do ask.

Short term memory is an issue I too deal with though my problems are from a mild traumatic brain injury caused by a concussion due to a fall in 2005. I'm still learning to get around that. I use post it notes (but forget to look at them *laughing*) I use my calendar on my computer for all appointments and I carry a daily appointment book with me at all times, jot down stuff that I think at the time is important to remember. Everything from need to go to the grocery to get....., remember to send insurance payment etc. Whatever pops into my head, I try to jot it down and then remember to go back and look at it, transfer to my daily calendar on the computer if it is something I need to remember.

I also keep a log of my daily life....not detailed, but at the end of the day I try to sit down and (using my notes) log the day. Since tomorrow or actually 5 to 10 minutes later I can't remember something....it helps me keep a record of my life since I have no memories of the last 4 years ....I tell people, it's like I'm in a fog, I know there is a building there....I just can't seem to quite see it.

Anyway that's how I keep up with things.....maybe it will help you to figure out the way for you to come up with a way to help yourself.

Remember you are not alone....I didn't find this place until last year, and at that time I really thought that I was crazy...now I know I'm not....just changed.

Melek
melek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote