View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It has taken me every day until today to remember what helped me to sleep even better than any sleeping pill or anti-anxiety pill a doctor could prescribe & better than Melatonin ever worked for me also. It is Kava-Kava. But I am allergic to it. I broke out in huge itchy welts. But before that happened, I slept like a baby for a few weeks. It had to build up to a certain amount in my body before the allergic reaction set in. I was pretty despondent for awhile afterwards because at that time sleep deprivation was a big thing for me & it was caused due to Fibromyalgia pain at that time. I didn't have RSD as of yet.

Now I don't seem to have a problem sleeping at all. It is all I do anymore. And the damn Medicare DX program I changed to won't pay for Provigil without my having had a damn sleep study done & using a CPAP/BIPAP machine. Can you believe it???? So now I am back to sleeping all the damn time again & being bitchy & miserable. They also won't pay for something else I need but now have to buy over the counter. So in the long run they were not cheaper. And I asked before changing to this company if they paid for both of those medications. And the answer was yes. They lied big time & are now costing me more than if I had stayed where I was. Well I am going back to AARP next year for sure. They paid for everything my doctor prescribed. I am going to lodge a complaint against this group. If anyone wants to know who they are, well they are America RX. They suck!!! They won't pay for everything hubby needed either, so he has had to change to a different drug. Ticks me off.

Does anyone know of anything legal we can take to stay awake without resorting to drinking any of those damn drinks like say "Red Bull". I do not want to have to resort to anything like that.

Well ya'll take care......

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote