View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
buckwheat

buckwheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by edj2001 View Post
Hi Jeanne,

I am very concerned that these Th1 diseases are contagious. That goes along with Marshall’s idea that Th1 diseases are caused by intracellular bacterial infection. The variety of bacteria and the sequence of infection determine symptoms for the various Th1 diseases. And, yes it looks like they can be passed with close contact. There are several MP members posting that have spouses and other family members ill and on the MP together. There is one family that I know of where both parents and three children are on the MP.

Now that I know the symptoms, I realize I have been infected all my life (I am 67 years young) and my illness/symptoms have varied through life depending on the condition of my immune system. If this is chronic infection, there won’t be remission until the bacteria are completely eliminated.

Between my father, his sister, their spouses, and their four children we have had a father (not related) & his son both with Parkinson’s disease, Crohn’s disease, Sarcoidosis, Breast Cancer, Cancer, Heart Disease (3), Arthritis, & Dementia. This is a strong case for infection, in my opinion, and it being contagious.

A result of Th1 illness is a dysregulated vitamin D nuclear receptor (VDR). The VDR is dysregulated by the bacteria acting as an antagonist disabling it. It will result in a high 1,25-D blood assay so that this assay is an indicator. Most doctors only test for the 25-D. Three years ago mine measured 50 pg/ml. The Merck manual says anything over 45 pg/ml will leach calcium from bone. My wife just had her 1,25-D tested and it is an alarming 64 pg/ml. We are in the process of starting her on the MP. Her symptoms are CFS, IBS, OCD as the big ones.

Gene

Hi Gene,

Like you, I really believe their is a infection connection as well. I am concerned about my husband as well. We all just need to hang in their. Thanks for hanging in their with us. Roz
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote