View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hi marissa,

i'm sorry you're having all these difficulties.
i'm also glad you're seeing a new dr this wk.
a lot will depend on the dr's neuro exam. mri's etc.
when i felt i could no longer work i told my dr. it became very important that he document my medical condition in my chart.

he ordered some tests, which came back badly, and that all went towards the medical records that they want to see. even if you were to apply now the approval can take upwards of a yr or more. and i don't think they even pay for the first 5 mos you're off work.

i ended up being denied my first time, which is common, and hired a disability lawyer for my appeal. then i got approved.

if you have long or short term disability with your job take it. some of the issues you're describing may be able to be helped with medication. like cognition and bladder issues. i take meds for those and they've helped. of course you need to talk to the dr about all this.

i can't answer the Q about your dad's ssdi. it's possible your mom might be able to access ss benefits, or a portion or them, but i don't know. i'm sorry about the loss of your dad.

please let us know how your dr visit goes. best of luck to you.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote