View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 08:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenno View Post
Dear MsL,

Thanks for your most recent post. There is so much to look at and think about; and I can't wait until I have the time to sit down and really check it out.

Your thinking regarding RSD is very wise and healthy. Modern medicine does not know where to begin to help; and I totally agree that a common sense approach and research are the answers. This is not a hopeless illness, with alternative medicine and therapies providing lots of hope.

Some may think that I should change my name to Pollyanna. (Pollyanna –noun 1. an excessively or blindly optimistic person). Actually, it is a name that I would find to be quite endearing because throughout my daughter Sarah’s 5-year struggles with RSD … hope, optimism, and God’s promise that He will provide have been the essence of what keeps us moving forward.

This thread is evidence that there is so much we can learn from each other -- no longer being left to feel quite so blind in our quest for help. Again, I thank you for sharing your research.

Jeanne
Hello Ms Pollyanna

I really appreciate your positive personality here. Thanks so much for your thoughts on this. I believe having a deep faith is a main ingredient towards any form of success.

I am so sorry to hear that your young daughter is going through all of this horrible stuff. I've been thinking about the fact that she now has RSD in her stomach. Just a thought, have you or her doctors thought of trying digestive enzymes? I was having such horrible stomach pains coming and going on the left side of my body, my rsd side, following my surgery that there was a time where I was concerned that RSD was moving into my intestines too. The doctors were not able to find the source of my pain and I usually shrugged it off as having to do with my chronic constipation. It wasn't until just recently when I added the a full spectrum blend digestive enzyme that the pain stopped. I also take a systemic enzyme for inflammation and now swear by them both. Not only has it helped me with the pain, edema and complete stiffness in my bones, it knocked my chronic sinusitis out of me and I no longer need to take my medication for that. I have way more energy too. I am currently reading an interesting book by Ellen Cutter, DC and Jeremy E Kaslow, MD on the subject of enzymes which is what promted me to give the digestive enzymes a go.

I hope this message finds you and your daughter doing well.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote