View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 09:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry National medication shortage blamed on manufacturing not meeting supply***not true***

ROXICODONE & OXYCODONE are unavailable in South Florida. They are non-existent for about a week now and this goes in cycles. I'd like to call the regulators the "DataEntryAssistants". Since myself and others in pain are just a statistic and deprived of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. They could care less of persons with long-term pain, pain that can't be fixed by surgery, Grandma's & Grandpa's that served our country and now suffering tremendously in their "Golden Years".

This is ridiculous. I am permanently disabled without the medication. I can't get out of bed, much less work.

These "controlled shortages" are becoming all to common. Patients have rights. When I can't get medication I can't work which trickles through my family. I lose my job, less food on the table, collect unemployment, fighting with my wife and irritated with everything, and I lose the little bit of joy I have left in my life.

The questions I will ask the DEA will be" What did I do for your agency to cut my medication off"? "Why is my family and I suffering, because you have have minded controls in place?". "What did my grandma of 92 who passed in May of 2008 do to hurt someone while in her death bed for many years".

I will bring this to the attention of Congress. There are thousands of people abusing, selling, stealing. But, do the millions of people in pain, be tortured because of the bad apples?

*edit*

Thank you, and God Bless All who are in pain, going through withdrawal with pain, or know someone in Pain because of not being able to get their necessary medication to manage their pain and attempt at a somewhat normal life.

Last edited by Chemar; 03-02-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: member privacy
DataEntryAssistants is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote