Thread: Wrist braces
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 02:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help

AAAGHH!!! The honeymoon is over I have terrible eczema rashes on both hands from the braces!!! I'm so sad. ... And itchy
Does anyone have suggestions on how to heal up the eczema? I'm gonna go back to the old braces while I'm waiting but I would like to continue with the new braces eventually. Should I wear thin cotton gloves with them??
Quote:
Originally Posted by thursday View Post
Hi, I just got new braces for night splinting and I am super happy with them so I wanted to share the recommendation
I was having problems with my old ones cutting off my circulation in the fingertips. I sleep crazy and I was forcing my hand against the brace where it hits my palm and then wake up w/o circulation in the fingers. Those old braces were Hely & Weber brand as are my new, more comfy ones that are a dream to sleep in!! They aren't super duper rigid a the palm but I'd say they are immobilizing my wrists. Also- the straps aren't abrasive at all. The whole apparatus is pillowy and good. PLUS they open completely up for a more accessible cleaning job

This is the 5819 Kuhl™ Modabber™ Wrist - Short Its on the Hely-Weber website here and they have a link to some online stores you can purchase them from

thursday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote