Thread: Big week ahead!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Erin

I was just coming on here to see how you were doing. I'm glad you are feeling great with the treatment! Bummer about the PICC line though. But at least he was able to get it in quickly!

I've never had one so I don't know how that is, but I have had arterial blood draws and if it feels anything like that I am so sorry.

That was quite a jump in blood pressure! Wow, I'm sure you're glad that part is over for this treatment.

I'm okay, my leg is healing up pretty well. I had to go to the doctor yesterday because I had a painful lump on my stomach in one of my injection sites from last week.

She says it an abscess but it's not in my lymph nodes so we should be able to kick it with just oral antibiotics. But I have to take my temp every day and keep an eye on the spot, if it gets any worse I have to go back in for IV antibiotics.

I'm going to see my Neuromuscular Neurologist today. They were finally able to get a hold of me after playing phone tag through the end of last week and yesterday. I called last week because it seems to be getting worse. If I get up to do anything it makes me feel too weak to breath.

So they want to see me today. I'm hoping I can get lucky enough that they have the results of my biopsy and I can cancel my next appointment. But I doubt they will. As long as they make it so that I don't have these breathing problems so bad I don't care.

The kids are great. Being kids, yesterday they took the sheets off Davids mattress put the mattress on the floor and then took the drawer from under the bed upside down on the floor. With all of the blankets from the drawer spread all across the room. All this while I was on the couch because any time I get up I get weak and I had just got done with breakfast and was on the phone with four different doctor's offices.

But it's been sunny here and Emily got to play outside last night for a little while with the neighbor kids. As soon as she gets done with her "homework" she will get to go out for a little while this morning before we have to go pick up the babysitter so I can go to the doctor.

I hope you're feeling even better today! How's the family? How long does it take at the hospital? I know when I did IV steroids it was two hours. I hope you can either nap or have a good book or something to do. Try not to be too bored.

Talk to ya later.

Kristie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Hey there! You are so sweet!

I am on my 2nd day - outpatient only - thank goodness! The PICC lne was my big worry - my blood pressure went to 160 - usually @ 90, but after one bum vein, Jerry was able to place it in under 3 min.....yay!

They are so sweet to me here! I am so thankful!

Last night I felt GREAT! I am being given 500 mL instead of the usual 400, but I figure it is a step in the right direction!

Enough about me - how are you? Your leg? Your little ones? Are you OK?

Can't wait to hear from you!
Erin
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote