View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default on low GI

It's good in theory, but has a few problems in practice. The gycemic index tells you what foods "generally" give you a slow burn rate, so you don't throw too much fuel on the fire all at once. It it not strictly true that we all respond the same way to a given food. There is also the "glycemic load" to consider, and that's another ball of wax. I use my books on Glycemic index as support reference. My goal is to maintain my blood sugar at a stable level and to do that I have to log What I eat , when I eat etc. Sometimes I find that something in the Glycemic index does not apply to me. (read up on how they arrive at their indexing levels)

The disturbing truth is: NOTHING IS FOR SURE.

You have to figure it out by trial and error. I have seen a lot of improvement in my situation over the last 3 weeks. Diabetes is almost as big a mystery as PD. They juggle their insulin, we have sinemet insanity to deal with. Sinemet impacts how we metabolize food (or vice -versa?) but nobody seems to know how or why. I think cortisol has a huge impact on our PD, but I don't know enough about it to say anything. That will be my next avenue of pursuit. I'm feeling pretty confident that dyskinesia is the side effect of too much glucose in the brain. But there could be 1000 scenerios that cause that to happen.
vertigo (03-04-2009)