View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sharry,
I have just been diagnoses with SPS. I had a GAD antibody blood test (my Gad antibodies were extremely high) followed up by EMG and now I will be under going the IVIG. This is very rare and hard to detect. I too found it on the internet. My primary care physician sent me to a Vanderbilt neuromuscular neurologist. I am her first SPS but in med school she delt with a patient that had it. This neorologist treats people with ALS and other types of neoromuscular diseases. I tell you this so you don't go to 50 different neorolists. This is considered an autoimmune disorder but as with me can have related severe anxiety disorder. I have the fear of falling as I get stiff and have the very painful spasms. Needless to say I am a self fulfilling prophecy. For 12 years I have suffered with a diagnosed panic disorder that kept me from doing anything. I cannot even get around in my home. No one could understand my panic presentation I have been trying to find the right meds to relieve the panic. In actuality, the SPS came first and the fear of falling came later and got worse as the SPS got worse. I am told they very often go hand in hand. I will always have the panic but I have to tell you that since I have the correct diagnosis, things that use to set off my panic no longer bother me as much.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
cbb12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote