View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengrl View Post
I wanted to take for pain management. But had to go off my Lexepro which I did. I had VERY high hopes for this stuff...I took it for 4 months & gave up. It did not help with any pain issues for me & I missed the effects of my Lexepro so switched back. It did not give me any bad side effects, just didn't help.
It's interesting that the Cymbalta didn't also help your depression as that's one of its primary functions. It's an anti-depressant. Of course it's dose dependent and perhaps the dose wasn't high enough. I'm trying to remember how the dosing goes for pain v. depression the two combined.

Cymbalta is used to treat pain caused by depression but it also works on other types of 'nerve' pain, I guess you could call it, such as PN and the types of pain people with fibromyalgia experience. To me it seems people with PN have less success with Cymbalta than do the other types of pain. That's not to say it doesn't help some people with PN. Just not so much I don't think. Can someone correct this impression if I'm mistaken?