View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 03:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Brother dx'd with MG

Hello everyone...My 23-year old brother was just diagnosed with MG in November 2008. He was started on Mestinon, and a chest CT revealed an enlarged thymus gland. He had thymectomy on 2/2/09. He did well, and was d/c'd home on 2/5/09. He started having issues swallowing, and choked on food. He was readmitted on 2/13/09, and thought to have had a cholinergic crisis. He did well and was d/c'd on the Mestinon and Prednisone 10 mg. He started having issues again with difficulty eating and swallowing, and was readmitted on 2/23/09. The neuro decided to start high-dose steroids, but instead of improving, he got worse---weaker and weaker, and has now weakness in arms and legs. He couldn't even hold up his head and walk! Neuro tapered the steroids and he got 2 rounds of IVIg. It's been 2 days since the last IVIg, and showing a little improvement, but still weakness in arms and legs.....how long did it take you to feel improvement after IVIg? I just my brother to get better! It's ben so frustrating!!!

Thanks
matt's sis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote