View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh my goodness sweetie...I know I know...This belly pain is HORRIBLE! I too have had this pain, the last time I had it , it lasted for a whole month and 4 days I NEVER know what to do cause it hurts sooooo bad and is just soooo painfull. My NS also said it has nothing to do with the shunt either...But after finding this site and reading ALL of you that talk of the same exzact pain/problems now I kinda know. But it does still REALLY stink, and I pray that it NEVER comes back but I know it will. We need to find a way to understand why this happens... I wish I knew how to stop it-at least yours is not that bad enough that you can go & be in a wedding- when I get mine sometimes the pain is soooo very bad I have a hard time even walking-Well goodluck to you and hope it goes away soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp_fanatic View Post
I can't sit still with this I have to constently "fidet" to get comfy. (I know I am not "plugged up"..... I just know, that's as far as I will go with it. It hurts to take a good deep "belly breath" and exhale.

I'm worried because it's exactly where my shunt pump is... with a margin of 3 or 4 inches. I'm pretty sure the tube ends there, but I am not sure how the catheter/pump is set up. (My neurosurgeon said he put the pump in the belly region and I am not sure where the pump is compaired to the excessive pain I feel.) Needless to say, its a bit nerving.

I just can't deal with surgery right now because in 12 days I am going to be out of town nowhere near my neurosurgeon who knows all about me because I am going to be in a wedding, but I am going to be leaving a few days prior, so I am guessing I have a good week left.)

I don't have any of the obvious signs somethng is wrong, but geeze... it is not fun, it's painful.
glittergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote