Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iffynah View Post
I had my first of the 6 nerve blocks that I have to go thru for the next 6 weeks yesterday. Today I'm am in a whole lot of pain. I can barely get my fingers on my right hand to function. I can barely pick anything up. Is this normal? This is my first time of going thru nerve blocks ever. I don't know if I should call the doctor or not. Also I was wondering if one of the side effects of them is sleep walking? My hubby told me I was doing a bit of it last night. There is one incident I'm not sure if I was dreaming or what. But I coulda sworn I semi woke up to me standing in the kitchen went to the bathroom then went back to bed.
Hi,

I wonder did you have any relief from block right after? And did worse pain come after block wore off? Sometimes that happens until you have had a series of them if they are going to work. Call your doc though they can put you at ease or help you with that.

When I had blocks....a total of 29 they helped me within 20 minues of block swelling would even start to come down. Try not to get to discouraged by your outcome. Sometimes they add steroid at other times. The docs that do them also use them diagnostically so they start with no steroid just numbing agent.

As for dreams or sleepwalking i never had a problem with that. I did however sleep 18 hrs or so do to the fact my pain had diminished. Very sound sleep.

I'm hoping you do well with the blocks as they were so helpful to me. Don't be afraid to ask questions of them either they prefer so everyone is well informed.

Take care & good luck
info hungry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote