View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 02:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

GoodScout

When I suffered with PCS, I found Taijiquan (aka Tai Chi) tremendously helpful.

Tai Chi is about relaxed movement that focuses on correcting the posture and keeping the body healthy.

I found doing a Tai Chi form (a series of set movements) tremendously helpful when I got headaches due to PCS.

My own thinking is that Tai Chi helps correct postural defects we build up over a life time (e.g. sitting in front of a computer 8 hours a day, 5 days a week!) by emphasizing strong overall body posture (including the spine, neck and head) with breathing and relaxed movement.

I know it is only anecdotal ,but it really did help me.

I would also suggest looking at other movement systems that help correct posture and are good for physical and mental health, such as Pilates and Yoga.

The Chiropractor in my area actually refers people to Pilates instructors as part of their treatment for various problems.

I also have a book on Iyengar Yoga where the author and founder of the system (BKS Iyengar) has a series of excercises to help with various ailments, including head pains.

There have been a ton of studies to show the health benefits of Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi. I would look in to those as a alternative method of self help.

Good Luck!
JBoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pono (03-08-2009)