View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 02:45 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default glory

Sorry to make you concerned Peg, that i was referring to you or anyone. i was just telling my story, and here meant only me, as it happened, because there is competition and idea stealing among all groups - patient and others - as there is everywhere in the world. It took some conscious effort to lay that down and find my "place" in the advocacy process. I am more aloof [not by choice - more like feelings of inadequacy in disguise]....and you are very outgoing and ladylike...lol. So we have different "cultural" backgrounds - that southern drawl of yours is soothing. But sometimes I saw it as brownnosing and when I said so - you always stood up to me and smacked back....well it's ten years later and we are still talking innermost thoughts and feelings.....we must have done something right.

It's just not about that anymore....and it frees you up to make the best use of your words, your time, and what energy you have to just get some things done. Or perhaps to evaluate if we are still productive ..gulp...there I said it. We have to know when to quit. Or at least eliminate some things. I recently resigned from PAN, because I don't have the energy for the PAN forum.

But I'll insist till I can no longer that much can be done online and figuring out how to best do this should be a very high priority. This I know to be true through my own story, and I have ten years experience to back up my conclusion.

So yes i have in the past implied you were brownnosing ...lol.....but not here, not calling anybody anything..... We've talked weekly on the phone for meetings for 7 years! A bunch of ornery, 50-60ish and up pwps [pd engineer excluded] talking every single week for that long - are bound to call one another something at some point! But we stuck it out..through thick and thin, as Carolyn can recently attest to. She had a cere 120 trial that became a tribulation. Eventually tho, I concluded that making contacts [i once teased that peg would work the bathroom if people were in there long enough] was something that you were very very good at. And you used it for the good of all. That is what was important.

Which brings it full circle, to the path now taking on an inwardness as a major part of the journey. To at least think about passing the torch, and hoping there is someone to receive it.

ok i can see some people in the distance laughing and thinking it would be impossible for me to stop advocating. That doesn't help anything lol. And i didn't say stop posting, so let's lower it down with the cheering...lol

thanks good folks,
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bandido1 (03-05-2009), Curious (03-04-2009), jingle belle (03-05-2009), vertigo (03-04-2009)