View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 04:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up gratz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra View Post
Doc said surgery went well, I had alot of work done. Fused from S1 to L4 with cages, rods and screws. Right after the surgery, the pain and anxiety was near unbearable. Pain meds didn't touch it. I couldn't move or sigh or anything without pain. Dont' want to dwell on the pain portion too much tho, because things are many times over better than they were.
I was in hospital for 6 days due to levels of pain and my being unable to do what I needed to do such as walk, climb stairs, get into car, etc. After different combos of pain meds tho, the pain was taken down enough so that I could do my pt and ot. I am now at home. I can walk, roll over in bed, do stairs, get in and out of car. It is now wednesday, my surgery was last wednesday. I am now working on cutting back on the heavy hitters in pain meds, don't want to be relying on them. I get lots of rest and have my room set up so that it works well with my condition. My husband is in and out of work to help me. But I am very optomistic, I can see myself easily returning to work and carrying on with my life at some point - whether it be 6 weeks or longer, who cares, I will be able to do it.
I am so glad it is over, so glad, so glad, etc etc etc.
hey hey, good for you! just take it easy and wait for the bone to fuse, and all will be well. and don't be afraid to be on the painkillers for a while. i'm 7 weeks out, and while i haven't really NEEDED them for 2-3 weeks now, sometimes i'll still use them for a day a week just because it gets mentally irritating to be sore and hurting all day every day....which is why we all had this surgery done in the first place.

just take it slow and keep up on the vitamins. and get one of those claw/reacher things. those get really handy.
batfish55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
libra (03-06-2009), tamiloo (05-28-2010)