View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 04:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
I posted a version of this in the Ty. thread but also thought I would try here.

Has anyone here had a tough time getting rid of a bacterial infection while on Tysabri or any kind of immunosuppresant drug? I started out with a cold and cough. The cough and fever never went away but the cold did. I started an antibiotic while still having the cold. I thought I was feeling better but wasn't sure. I stopped the antibiotic and within 2-3 days I felt horribly sick--fever came back much worse, chest pain, coughing even worse. I was sleeping for hours upon hours. The doc. said my chest was clear though. He asked me if I wanted to wait and see (in case it was viral) or try an antibiotic again. I went on the Z-pak antibiotic. Within 24 hours my fever was down to normal and my coughing was much better. Anyhow, I am coming up on the 5th day (last day) of the Z-pak antibiotic. I feel WAY better but not totally well--still an occasional cough, occasional itty bitty fever that comes and goes but nothing high like before and a bit of a sore throat. I fear if I stop the antibiotics this infection will coming roaring back. I'm so tired of being sick -- going on 5 weeks.

Is the Ty. making it difficult for me to kick this infection?

Should I immediately go back to the doctor if I feel like I am not completely recovered when I stop the antibiotic -- just in case to nip it in the bud?

Has anyone had to do multiple rounds of antibiotics just to get over something while on Ty. or any immunosuppressant drug for that matter?

I may just be panicking because I am so tired of being sick and am afraid I'll never get rid of this bug.
Hi Natalie, I got pseudomonis after cosmetic surgery probably because Tysabri lowered my immune system. They didn't have me on the right antibiotics-wouldn't touch this nasty infection-until they knew exactly what they were dealing with. I was put on Cipro and was fine after that but had a rough go for awhile.

In just normal everyday life I don't even get colds-others around me (living with me) get sick but not me. I do take vits and supplements to help me stay well.

Best wishes,
Linda
Grammie 2 3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote