View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 05:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i am over the moon to be able to say, i had my pain sorted out!!

I had mine everyday since september 15? up til Friday just gone!!

i want to know if the pain comes close to contractions, as i cant imagine as more intense pain!!

I had my VP converted to a VA shunt on friday at great ormond street, I havent had any stomach pain at all since! *fingers crossed*

Sorry but i raise my two fingers up at those NSurgeons that turn round and say its not the shunt, IT IS.
If youre happy to go ahead and have a small operation to have it converted then i say go for it, take the risk. If the stomach pain continues, then your NS can turn round and say they were right, but just assuming the problem isnt shunt related is just shifting the cause and really deosnt help, you will just go round and round in circles trying to look for a solution if the shunt isnt taken into consideration!

I knew from day 1 of the pain, that it was shunt related. My NS/NC, was sure it was pains from surgery. I knew it was not, weeks went by and he was still shifting the blame of surgery 'healing' pain. Almost 4 months down the line, he werent able to tell me it was healing pain anymore, thats when a more indepth study took place of what was causing the pain.

Whenever you have a problem with your health, its strange that we ALWAYS know when we have something wrong with our shunt, we suspect and 9 out of 10 times we are right! Keep pushing on thats all you can do, unless you want to perform the surgery yourself.

Goodluck xo
jadiee-x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote