Thread: Rfa?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 04:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just found this page, Googling RFA. I agree with the people that feel Google is an advertisement media for the rich. All the info I've read thus far has, hands-down sided with the procedure (cleverly disguised as a non-biased informational source). Then I find this forum full of sceptics. Instantly changing my view. It feels far more honest here.
I am suffering from a Facet Joint problem, C2/3 - C3/4, resulting from my head smashing into the window frame of the windshield on a Geo Metro, at 60 miles an hour. My multitude of doctors over the last two-and-a-half years have labelled it, a compression fracture, myofacial, or"whiplash"(not even a medical term, and Webster's definition isn't even consistent with my case, but doctors still, after I bring this to their attention, use the term).
I have tried ciropractic care with no help. Accupuncture is quite helpfull as well is Physical Therapy. I have already had two set of facet joint injections. Both with great improvement of my pain, and range of motion. I believe these were to pinpoint the nerve, so the RFA could be administerred. I'm this far now and affraid of "frying", or "severing" any amount of nerve tissue in such a sensative area. Seems like the risk is too great. Who knows what these scarred, mutilated nerve endings will do in 20 years.
Any additional info. on the Cryoneurolysis/Cryoablation, or Pulsed RFA would be appreciated. Thanks you all. J-Moe
J-moe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote