Thread: Hi from Pepper
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 09:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martg1946 View Post
Hi, I am new so please bear with me, I was shocked to actually read that someone else's RSD itches like mine..at least I know I'm not losing it...so far I only have the RSD rash on my right foot and half way up my leg but my knees have the pain along with my foot and leg...I have heard this can spread to your whole body but did it start like in your foot and spread?? I've only been diagnosed for about 6 months so I hope I don't sound dumb but I really have a lot of questions because my doctors don't really know that much about it and I can't find one that does. Thanks for making me feel welcome...
Hi Pepper
My RSD started in my foot as well and spread up my leg to right above my knee within a 5 month period. I also have the itching which can drive me bonkers at times. Following my first nerve block the spread stopped and it's been 3 years now and I haven't had any further spread. It seems that you have been diagnosed early so you have a good chance of getting better. Have you had Physical therapy yet? They usually start with that. Also, there is a post on this forum from a few days ago that talks about a doctor in florida that treats RSD. His name is Dr. Hashmi. Some of the folks on this forum have gone to him . If you google his name you will find his site.Hope this helps you a little bit. Never be afraid to ask questions. That's how we all learn.....Jeannie
used to be is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote